Currently, you cannot export or back up your chat history.
SeaTalk can only sync chat history from your mobile app to your desktop app, if your desktop app is missing any messages.
Please note: this is currently a one-way sync from your mobile app to your desktop app.
If you're switching to a new iOS device, learn how to back up your iOS data so that your new device will still have the messages from your old device.
Sync your chat history
Sync the chats you've had on the SeaTalk mobile app to your SeaTalk desktop app.
Please note: your devices must be on the same Wi-Fi and logged into the same SeaTalk account. You will not be able to use the apps during the process and it can take up to a few minutes.
To sync your chat history from your mobile app to the desktop app:
- In the SeaTalk desktop application, click the Settings icon in the bottom left.
- Select Message Synchronization.
- Select Transfer to Desktop. Your mobile device will prompt you to allow the transfer.
- On your mobile device, open the SeaTalk app and tap Transfer. This will start the transfer.
- You can stop the transfer by tapping on Stop transfer or X on your mobile device or clicking Stop on your desktop.
- On desktop, you can pick up any voice calls during the transfer. The transfer will continue.
Please note: any data transferred before you stop the sync will still be processed. Those messages will be transferred to the desktop app.
- Once the transfer is completed, tap OK on your mobile device and click OK in the desktop application. The chat history should now be synced from the SeaTalk mobile app to the SeaTalk desktop application.