Before your employees can clock in and out with the SeaTalk mobile app, you need to set up your attendance system. This includes:
- when your employees should clock in and out; and
- how your employees should clock in and out.
- Super Admin or an admin with all Attendance permissions
Before you start
- Plan your employees’ schedule on paper. Questions that will be helpful to answer:
- Do all employees have the same schedule?
- What groups of employees have similar schedules?
- What are the shifts your employees have?
- Add or import employees to your organization in SeaTalk.
- Set up your holiday calendars
1. Set working days for your employees
Once your employees are in your SeaTalk organization, you can set when their working days are and prepare the different types of shifts for scheduling.
- Create holiday calendars for your employees. When a holiday calendar is applied to a work group, the employees will not need to take attendance on these holidays.
Please note: if they are manually scheduled a shift, they will still need to take attendance.
- Create work groups to manage your employees’ attendance. Employees can be assigned to a work group, and a work group will determine their holidays and working days.
- Set up shift hours for your employees. You can schedule these shifts for your employees in the third step.
- Create a fixed shift for fixed hours.
- Create a flexible shift if you require your employees to work a certain amount of time.
- Create a free shift when you allow employees to clock in and out whenever they want.
2. Set up how employees take attendance
In a work group, you can customize how your employees should clock in and out with the work group’s attendance rule.
- Specify your office’s location where employees can take attendance with the SeaTalk mobile app.
- When an employee clocks in or out, the app will record the employee’s current location.
- If it is close to the location you specified, their attendance will be recorded.
- Specify the Wi-Fi network of your office so your employees can take attendance with the SeaTalk mobile app.
- When an employee clocks in or out, the app will record the employee’s current Wi-Fi network.
- If the Wi-Fi network matches what you’ve specified, their attendance will be recorded.
- If your employees don’t work in an office, you can also allow them to clock in and out offsite. For this option, you can require them to send an image of their location.
Learn more about setting up the work group’s attendance rule.
3. Schedule shifts for your employees
In a work group, schedule shifts for your employees:
- If your employees have a fixed schedule, you can schedule shifts based on their working days in the week.
- If your employees work irregularly, you or your attendance manager can manually schedule shifts for the employees in the work group.
Once done, your employees can start clocking in and out during the shifts on their working days.
4. Set up the approval chain for attendance correction requests
If you don’t set an approval chain, any correction requests that your employees submit will be approved automatically.
However, if you want such requests to be approved by certain employees, you can set up an approval process. When an employee submits a correction request, it will go through the required approvers before the correction takes place.
5. Report on employee attendance
Now that your employees can clock in and out to take their attendance, you can check their attendance records and correct any abnormal records. Learn more about the different metrics tracked in the attendance summary tool.
You can also import attendance records to add new records.