When you start your business, it is likely you’ll start by communicating via WhatsApp, LINE, Telegram, or another casual messaging app with your teammates.
However, once your business grows, it is not sustainable to keep on using these apps. A dedicated work messenger will fit your needs better.
At this point, you may also want to start managing your employees with a workplace suite. SeaTalk also allows you to do that.
Differences between SeaTalk and WhatsApp
SeaTalk is designed for work specifically
- WhatsApp requires you to have someone’s phone number to be able to chat with them. You may not have the phone numbers for colleagues you haven’t met. On SeaTalk, you can search, add, and chat with people in your organization without needing their phone numbers.
- WhatsApp is used for personal messages. Having to conduct business on WhatsApp may be distracting and also disrupts work-life balance. With SeaTalk, communications can be clearly delineated.
- SeaTalk have other features specific to help you with work, such as marking messages as later and making announcements.
SeaTalk is secure
- When employees leave your organization, they can still contact you via WhatsApp as they have your number. With SeaTalk, they will not be able to.
- When employees leave your organization, they keep the chat history in WhatsApp. SeaTalk chat history cannot be exported.
- WhatsApp messages can be kept for a long time. SeaTalk servers do not keep messages for more than 7 days and chat history is kept to a maximum of 6 months.
SeaTalk is created for diverse teams in South-east Asia
- SeaTalk supports languages in South-east Asia: English, Bahasa Indonesia, Vietnamese, Thai, Traditional Chinese, and Simplified Chinese.
- SeaTalk can help to translate messages in a different language to your chosen app language.
SeaTalk has HR features embedded
- SeaTalk has HR features with its messenger, allowing both managers and employees to do less administrative work.
SeaTalk for your company
If you’re running a business, you can use SeaTalk for free. Learn how to sign up and create an organization. Once you’ve created an organization, you can start setting up the HR features. For more information on SeaTalk, visit the SeaTalk website.
If you have feedback, please contact us.
Currently, SeaTalk is offered in English, Thai, Vietnamese, Bahasa Indonesia, and Traditional Chinese.