In SeaTalk, self-destruct messages are called Whispers.
These messages will expire after a certain amount of set time on both the sender’s and receiver’s apps.
Please note: Whispers can currently only be sent and seen on the SeaTalk mobile app.
To send a Whisper:
- On your mobile device, open the SeaTalk app.
- Tap the chat you want to send the Whisper to.
- On the message field, swipe right. It should turn the field from white to black.
- Any messages you send in this state will be a Whisper and will self-destruct after the duration you set.
- To change the duration of the Whisper, tap the bubble to the right and select the duration you want.
- Once done, to send normal messages again, swipe left on the message field and ensure the field is now back to white.
Please note: Whispers support text messages, voice messages, photos, videos, and stickers. It is currently not compatible with other types of media you can send (e.g., files and contacts).