In SeaTalk, you can decide who gets to see certain information. This includes:
- the exact time when you're last seen on the app;
- if you’re currently on leave;
- your company email;
- how others can add you on the app; and
- if you allow your colleagues to chat with you directly.
To access these settings:
- On your mobile device, open the SeaTalk app.
- At the bottom, tap Me.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Privacy.
- To control who sees the exact time when you’re last active on the app, tap Exact Last Seen and select Everyone, Colleagues, or Nobody.
- To control who sees if you’re on leave, tap Leave Status and select Everyone, Colleagues, or Nobody.
- To control who sees your company email, tap Company Email and select Everyone or Colleagues.
- To control how others can add you as a friend, tap Methods for Friending Me. Toggle the switches off to prevent people from adding you that way:
- Group Chat: people can add you when you’re in the same group chat.
- QR Codes: people can add you using your QR code.
- Contact Card: people can add you when they arrive at your profile.
- To prevent colleagues from chatting with you directly, toggle the Allow Colleague Direct Chat switch off. Colleagues now must add you as a friend first before they can reach out to you.