You can customize the notifications you receive from SeaTalk.
If there’s a chat that prompts too many notifications, learn how to mute a specific chat.
- On your mobile device, open the SeaTalk app.
- At the bottom, tap Me.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap Notifications.
- Customize your message notifications on the app.
- To turn on message notifications, toggle the Message Notifications switch on.
- To turn on sound for each notification, toggle the Sound switch on.
- To show message content in notifications, toggle the Show Message Content switch on.
- Customize notifications when you’re also logged in on desktop. Your selection will be synced to your SeaTalk desktop app.
- To receive mobile notifications when logged in on the SeaTalk desktop app, toggle the Receive Mobile Notifications on.
- If you opt to receive mobile notifications while logged in on SeaTalk desktop, you can opt to receive them only after SeaTalk desktop is idle. Tap Notification Timing and select when to start receiving mobile notifications.
- In the SeaTalk desktop app, click the gear icon in the lower left and select Settings.
- In the dialog box, click Notification in the left panel.
- Customize your notifications on desktop.
- To receive notifications, select Turn on notifications.
- To enable sounds, select Enable in-app alert sound.
- To view message text in notifications, select Show message content in notification banner.
- To have SeaTalk flash when there’s a new message, select Enable taskbar flashing alert.
- Customize your notifications on mobile. Your selection will be synced to your SeaTalk mobile app.
- To receive mobile notifications when logged in on the SeaTalk desktop app, select Receive mobile notifications when logged in on desktop.
- Click the Notification Timing dropdown menu and select when you want to start receiving mobile notifications after your SeaTalk desktop app goes idle.