Some leave types (e.g., maternity leave) will require you to request for leave credits before you can apply for leave. In most cases, these leave types require certain documentation before the leave balance can be credited.
Please note: if you cannot apply for credit in a particular leave type, it may still have remaining leave balance. You can only request for more credit once you’ve no more leave left for it.
To request for leave credit:
- On your mobile device, open the SeaTalk app.
- At the bottom, tap Workspace.
- Tap Leave Application.
- Tap Credit Application.
- At the bottom, tap Apply for Credit.
- Select a leave type. You’ll be shown only leave types that require credit applications.
- If the number of days is fixed, it will appear. Otherwise, tap Please enter duration and enter the number of days you want.
- Enter the purpose of the leave if you want.
- Tap the + icon to attach any supporting documents (e.g., if you’re on maternity leave, attach the medical documents).
- Tap Apply for Credit. Your credit request will be submitted and you can see it on the Credit Application screen.
You’ll be granted leave balance for the leave type only if the submission is approved.
Learn how to check your previous leave records.