How SeaTalk started
Due to Sea Group’s rapid expansion in recent years to over 30,000 employees in more than 10 regional offices, there was a need to:
- consolidate the many tools used for the workplace; and
- make business processes, collaboration, and communication more efficient.
After testing out other workplace suites, we decided to create our own tool instead: SeaTalk.
SeaTalk was designed to be a one-stop solution for workplaces. In one app on all platforms (iOS, Android, macOS, Windows), employees can:
- Send secure messages that aren’t permanently saved on our servers
- Make voice calls to colleagues
- Take and track leave
- Take attendance
- Make and track expense claims
- Approve requests from subordinates
How SeaTalk grew
This app was initially designed to work with our internal systems but we started to create software to help others adopt SeaTalk. This led to the SeaTalk Admin Center, where admins can:
- Set up their organization and departments
- Set up an attendance system
- Set up a leave system
- Set up an expense claims system
- Make announcements
Use SeaTalk for your company
If you’re running a business, you can use SeaTalk for free. Learn how to sign up and create an organization. Once you’ve created an organization, you can start setting up the HR features. For more information on SeaTalk, visit the SeaTalk website.
If you have feedback, please contact us.
Currently, SeaTalk is offered in English, Thai, Vietnamese, Bahasa Indonesia, and Traditional Chinese.